How to use the Collection
Creating a User Account
Before you add your first item to the Collection, you will need to create a User Account. Once created and confirmed through your email address, you will be able to log-in to this account to add multiple contributions to the Collection.
To create a User Account:
- Look for the word ‘Register’ in the very top right-hand corner of this website (on the blue banner) and click on this. This will take you to a new page called ‘Register’.
- On this new page, you will be prompted to input:
- A username - this is the name you will use to log in to your account when you use the site in future
- A display name - this is the name other users of the website will see against the items you add to the Collection
- Your email address
- A password - you will also need to confirm this in the line below
Adding a Story or Image to the Collection
- If you aren’t already logged in to your User Account, do so using the ‘Login’ link in the very top right-hand corner of the site (on the blue banner).
- Under the Merton@750 logo at the top of the page, look for the words ‘Share Your Stories’ and click on this. This will take you to a new page called ‘Contribute’
- Please read the text on this page carefully. When ready, select your choice of ‘Story’ or ‘Image’ from the drop-down list next to the question ‘What type of item do you want to contribute?’. A contribution form will automatically load once you have made your selection.
- On this form, you will be prompted to input:
- A title for your contribution (‘Story Title’ or ‘Image Title’)
- ‘Your Memories’ - either the story you want to share or your memories connected to the image you are adding to the Collection
- The location of this image or story (‘Where did this take place?’)
- The date or time period this image or story belongs to (‘When did this take place?’)
- If you are adding an image, the photographer or ‘Creator’ (if known)
You can only add one item per contribution to the Collection. Files must also be less than 2MB in size, so please resize any files before attempting to add them as your contribution will not work.
- When you have filled in all the information about your contribution, scroll to the bottom of the page where you are asked to decide whether:
- You want us to make your item publicly available through the Merton@750 Collection (‘Publish my contribution to the web’)
- You would like your name not to appear next to your contribution in the Collection (‘Contribute anonymously’)
- You agree with the Terms and Conditions (‘I agree to the Terms and Conditions’) - follow the link above this section to be taken to the full Terms and Conditions of the Merton@750 Anniversary Collection and make sure you are happy with these
Do you still have questions?
You can contact the project by using our contact form.